How to donate
- • Cheques made out to L’Arche Toronto
- • Visa or Mastercard (We use a third party Internet service to process gifts on credit card)
- • Make a tribute gift in honour of a Birthday, Anniversary or in memory of someone.
- • Annual pledges
- • Planned Giving
- • Shares of a Public Company - Donate shares of a public company and you get a tax receipt for the fair market value when you make the transfer, but you don’t pay capital gains tax
- • Spousal Trust -You can leave a trust in your will that provides for income from the capital to go to a spouse and upon his/ her death, the capital goes to the charity. When the surviving spouse dies, her estate gets a tax receipt in the year of death to offset capital gains otherwise due on the death of a spouse. The provision for making the donation to a charity must be granted by the original will creating the spousal trust. The name of the charity and amount of the gift must be specified or a formula for calculating the amount of such a gift must be defined in the trust established under the will. Do it to commemorate the life of your loved one – a core member of L’Arche
- • Specific Purpose Fund - Make a donation to create a fund for a special purpose to be administered by L’Arche Toronto, eg. To fund programs not funded by government and which enhance the quality of life of our core members.
- • General Purpose Fund - Make a donation to create a fund for a more general purpose and to commemorate the life of some individual family member.
- • Securities – No capital gains tax- no capital gain has to be included in income. The stock donations still receive the same tax credits based on the value of the stock donated.
Join our monthly giving circle of friends:
How a monthly gift helps us:
With your gift we can:
- • ensure that outreach programs that speak of Jean Vanier’s vision and our mission can continue to engage future generations of L’Arche Assistants.
- • meet the changing needs of our core members both at home and in our community Gathering Place.
- • professionally develop our leadership team, homes support team and assistants with skill training opportunities that enable us to support our core members well.
- • maintain our homes and vehicles so we can continue to keep them clean, safe and comfortable.
- • enable opportunities for our community members to participate in L’Arche events.
- • make long term plans for long term projects.
How a monthly gift helps you:
- • There is no better way to join our journey than to take part in it.
- • You make a commitment once that continues through out the year.
- • You make a commitment that has an immediate and direct impact on maintaining a quality of life for our community members.
- • You receive a receipt at the end of the year that will lower your income tax.